R+K’s Baby Shower

17 Jul

July 17th, 2011

My friends Rey and Kate had their baby shower this past weekend and I was super excited when they asked me to make cupcakes for their event. I found cute little onsies and baby bottle cutters and decided to use them as the theme.  They are expecting a girl, so I went with a girl color scheme for the fondant toppers and made red velvet, chocolate, and peppermint chocolate cupcakes.

It’s A Girl!

Rey + Kate’s Baby Shower, 7-16-11

Baby Bottle Chocolate Cupcakes
Baby Onsie Red Velvet Cupcakes

Rey is also a big fan of Spiderman, so as an extra, I made Spiderman cake pops with a lemon flavored cake. I was worried that the pops didn’t look like Spiderman, but most people were able to recognize and relate them to the actual character. What do you think?

The cute baby shower invitation.

Spiderman Cake Pop Bouquet

Advertisements

6 Responses to “R+K’s Baby Shower”

1. Kate July 18, 2011 at 7:00 AM #

Thank you again for your AMAZING work, Lisa!! Every guest loved the design and taste of the cupcakes! It was an honor to have your creations at our baby shower 🙂

• Kate July 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM #

AND, everyone (especially Rey and my niece, Vaeh) loved the Spider-man cake pops too! Rey said you had great detail on them. Nice job!!

• sweeterrific July 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM #

Your welcome, Kate! I’m glad people liked the cupcakes and thanks again for letting me make them for your special event =)

I saw Vaeh eating the pops…she was so cute!

2. Phuong Tran July 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM #

OMG LISA YOUR SPIDERMAN CAKE POPS ARE SOOOOOOO AMAZING! I could tell RIGHT AWAY! LOL I want your lemon cake pops!

• sweeterrific July 18, 2011 at 6:39 PM #

Thanks Phuong! The spiderman cake pops were fun to make, but definitely one of the most detailing I’ve done.

3. PolishedMe July 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM #

hahaha! that’s freaking awesome!