Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

11 Dec

December 11th, 2011

Happy Holidays! I still can’t believe it’s December already, which means holiday baking in full-affect! I have been experimenting with a few tarts, but that will be a future post. This weekend, however, I experimented with a new cake flavor.

Recently, I’ve been seeing cakes decorated with cream filled wafers, so I was inspired to make something similar. I decided to make a mini (6-inch) carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake was light and fluffy because I lightened the batter with meringue. The center was also filled with cream cheese, with a thin layer of shredded coconut. The fun part was surrounding the cake with vanilla cream wafers. Not only did the wafers give a nice dimension, but they are also a pretty presentation.

Carrot Cake

Frosted and filled with cream cheese frosting

Surrounded with vanilla wafers.

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting”

1. yao December 11, 2011 at 9:47 PM #

yum! i’m going to bake a little this holiday season too!

• sweeterrific December 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM #

Hi Yao! What ‘cha planning to bake? I want to see!

• yao April 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM #

i made pecan cinnamon rolls! went with a gooey kahlua frosting. i had to borrow a stand mixer to do it, but it was worth it!

• sweeterrific April 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM #

The kahlua frosting sounds delicious! Have you been baking a lot?

• yao April 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM #

sadly no… i don’t have a mixer (hand or stand), and i’m kind of too lazy to do it all by hand. i hope to make some cupcakes soon though!

• sweeterrific April 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM #

A hand or stand mixer will be a good Investment…I don’t know what I would do without my stand mixer.

Let me know what kinda cupcakes you decide to make!

2. Fungus Amongus December 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM #

OMG so cute! I love the vanilla wafers around the cake! Such a neat idea…and carrot cake sure sounds good right now! =)

• sweeterrific December 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM #

Thanks Phuong! I like how the wafers make the cake look, so I’m going to start using them more.